Foreclosure defense and offense: Filing an answer to a complaint

For general instructions on filing an answer, see this link. Remember that an answer is not the same as an affirmative defense and an affirmative defense is not the same as a counterclaim. In most cases for foreclosure and even bankruptcy you should be prepared to file an answer, affirmative defenses, and counterclaim, in state court proceedings, and an adversary proceeding in bankruptcy proceedings.


One Response

  1. Is there a special format to file an answer to a foreclosure complaint at the court relating to a request for the original deed from the lender?

Contribute to the discussion!

%d bloggers like this: